Say No To Suez Deal
Stop Overcrowding Our Streets and Schools
Demand More Value For Your Tax Dollars
Pave our Roads and Reduce Traffic Congestion
I am a 42 year life-long resident of Edison. I am a former educator, who taught middle school and high school students for over 30 years. I currently serve as a trustee and Vice President for the Edison Public Free Library, a position that I have held since 2010. I am also active in a number of Edison based community groups including the Y.M.C.A. and NAACP. I was also the Director of the Academic Assistance program in Edison for over a decade, a service which was recognized by the Edison Board of Education.
As a former educator, I am acutely aware of how important an active municipal governing body is to maintain a successful school district. I also have significant policy experience, as both a leader in the New Jersey Education Association as well as through my involvement with the Edison library.
- Supervisory Certification, Kean University, 2003-2004
- Master of Arts, Kean University, 1997-2003
- Bachelor of Science, The College of New Jersey, 1972-1976
- Former President and current Vice President of Edison Township Free Public Library Board of Trustees
- Local NJEA representative
- President Emeritus-Perth Amboy Association School Employees
- Treasurer and Fundraising Chairperson Y.M.C.A.
Community Leadership Involvement:
- Refereeing, Coaching Cheerleading and Basketball
- Advisor/teacher for Tomorrow’s Teachers
- Educational Strategic Planning for Edison Township School District (2000 & 2005)
- Ida B. Wells community service award (2004)
- Kean University – Dr. Martin Luther King Award (2009)