Personal and Professional Background:
I am a resident of Edison for the past fifteen years and a proud parent of two Edison public school students. I serve as a Democratic Committeeman from District 69 and Council Member of Edison Township. I have more than eighteen years of experience in the Information Technology (IT) profession. My professional areas of emphasis are strategic planning, developing and executing large programs through strategic partnerships with business.
I am seeking re-election to continue my efforts to hold down municipal property taxes; to find ways to curb the financial burden on homeowners from commercial tax appeals, and to continue lobbying our state and county for Edison’s fair share of available financial assistance.
- Project Management Professional-2007
- Master of Technology – Industrial Engineering and Management-1995
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering-1993
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering – 1989
- Council Vice Present (Jan 2019 – Present)
- Council President (Jan 2018 – Dec 2018)
Roles as Councilmember include:
- Township Finance Committee
- Edison Housing Authority Board
- Township Liaison to Edison Board of Education Committee
- Co-chair of Edison Public School Overcrowding Taskforce
- Edison Public School Safety Committee
Community Leadership Involvement:
- Created, facilitated and promoted various social and interpersonal relationship among residents
- Organized nonpartisan voter registration drives and educated residents about the importance of voter registration and their participation in the election process.
- Organized Thanksgiving Turkey distribution in partnership with the Edison Housing Authority
- Advisory Board member, New Jersey Democratic State Committee South Asian American Caucus
- Organize programs for teens and adults with special needs (e.g. Valentine’s Day Dance, Christmas Celebration) through the Lions Club of Edison